Do you need an automatic, conical, and programmable burr coffee grinder — in short, one that does almost all the work? Consider the CBM-18N conical burr mill from Cuisinart. But is it any good? Let’s find out in this short, yet straightforward review.
Key Features of the Cuisinart CBM-18N
What can you expect from this grinder?
The Cuisinart CBM-18N features 18 grind settings, plus, it comes with a heavy-duty motor. Let’s not forget to say that it has an LCD display and a removable grind chamber.
Refer to the image on the right to see how beautiful the control panel is.
Key benefits to expect include:
– It’s programmable.
– The wide array of grind selection ensures that you can prepare ALL of your favorite coffee beverages – from espresso up to French press.
– A removable grind chamber results to hassle-free and easy cleaning.
– The LCD panel eliminates the guesswork by showing time, fineness, and number of cups.
– Most importantly, this machine is programmable.
Consumer Feedback: Pros and Cons
– Static. Consumers are divided on this grinder’s static issues. While others aren’t bothered by this, some complained about the static build-up. If you’re confused, remember that the Cuisinart CBM-18N has a plastic grind container. In general, plastics are more prone to static build-ups than glass carafes.
– Noise. In general, this is much quieter than other models especially blade grinders.
– Cleaning. While some noted the static build-up as contributing to a messy operation, the majority say this grinder is easy to clean. It has parts that are easy to disassemble to facilitate cleaning. Others say all you have to do is to tap the receptable a few times over the sink and the unused coffee grounds come off easily.
– Consistency of Grounds. The general consensus is that this grinder produces consistent grounds.
Our Recommendation: Cuisinart CBM-18N Conical Burr Mill Review
What’s the verdict? Let’s end this Cuisinart CBM-18N conical burr mill review with this recommendation.
The Cuisinart CBM-18N produces consistent grounds, but you may experience some issues. That said, we say purchase this burr grinder with reservations. It’s difficult to go all the way and give this grinder a stellar rating. While many previous buyers say the CBM-18N conical burr mill produces consistent quality grounds, some have pointed out one particular issues that you might experience – that of static buildup which may give you a messy operation.