One potential buyer asks: What are the differences between the Cuisinart DCC-3200 and the DCC-1200? Both are programmable coffeemakers produced by Cuisinart, the same makers who brought us a wide array of kitchen appliances and tools we love. In this Cuisinart DCC-3200 vs DCC-1200 comparison report, we highlight their similarities and differences. Note that the DCC-3200 is a newer model, newer than the DCC-1200.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 vs DCC-1200: Comparison Chart
|Carafe||14 cup, glass||12 cup, glass|
|Auto Off||0-4 hours||0-4 hours|
|Gold Tone Filter||✅||✅|
|Weight||9.00 lbs.||9.00 lbs.|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||7.41 x 9.26 x 13.78 in|
|Color||stainless steel||stainless steel, brushed chrome, red, stainless steel/black, stainless steel/red|
Cuisinart DCC-3200 vs DCC-1200: Differences and Similarities?
Let’s start with their similarities.
As you can see in the chart above, these Cuisinart coffeemakers have several features in common; namely, Brew Pause, 24-Hr. Programmability, Auto Off, and Clean Function.
– Brew Pause: Stops the flow of coffee from the filter in case you want to pour yourself a cup mid-brew
– 24-hour programmability: To program the coffeemaker for delayed brewed time
– Auto Off: To shut off the coffeemaker after the brew cycle, choose from 0 to 4 hours
– Clean Function: For cleaning calcium buildup
Both models also come with a Gold Tone Filter, which eliminates the use of paper filters (although you still have the option to use #4 filters in lieu of the re-usable and washable gold tone filter). And although most of their parts are made from plastic, both of them are BPA-free. Last, both of them have pretty much the same dimensions.
Here lies their differences.
– Feature-wise, the Cuisinart DCC-3200 has more to offer with the following: Hotter Coffee, Extreme Brew, Tone, and Strength Control.
– DCC-3200 has a larger carafe capacity at 14 cups.
– DCC-3200 has a more modernized, sleeker display / controls.
Here are more differences based on consumer feedback and comments.
– The resulting cup of coffee made with the DC-3200 is “more flavorful.”
– As one person has observed, the DCC-3200’s lid has more holes, and the Cuisinart DCC-1200 has fewer holes that are concentrated in the center, which leads to more splashes and spills.
– If you’re annoyed with the beeping sound that the coffeemaker makes after a brew cycle, know that with the DCC-3200, you can turn it off using the “Tone” button. The DCC-1200 doesn’t have this function.