Touted by the manufacturer as having 50-mm tempered-steel grinding burrs, 34 grind settings, and a powerful 120-watt motor that ensures a quiet operation, the Gaggia 8002 may be the answer to your grinding needs.
Here, we give you our review of this coffee device. Is it worth it? We’ll give you consumer feedback, its pros and cons, and our recommendation.
PROS: What This Burr Coffee Grinder Does Well
- Durability. One buyer claimed that he has had this grinder for more than two decades now. Meaning, this grinder can last a very long time, yet it still performs well.
- Consistency of the Grind. Many buyers are happy that this grinder produces excellent and “very” consistent grind. All you have to do is to figure out the perfect setting that you’d want for your coffee.
- Simple to Use. This grinder is very easy to use. All you have to do is to load the beans, select your grind setting, and then turn the power on.
- Moderately Priced. Several descriptions are used for the price of the Gaggia 8002 MDF burr grinder. One said it’s “inexpensive,” and another said it’s “modestly priced.”
CONS: What This Burr Coffee Grinder Does Poorly
- Features. One person complained that the “doser is useless,” making it a “pain” to grind large amounts of coffee beans. Plus, the doser is not removable.
- Noise. We put this in the cons category because opposed to the advertisement, it’s not really that quiet. It is after all a grinder, though it’s not as noisy compared to a blade grinder.
Bottomline: Gaggia 8002 MDF Burr Grinder Review
For whom is this product? Let’s end this Gaggia 8002 MDF burr grinder review with our recommendation.
We echo what one consumer said about this product — The Gaggia MDF is an entry-level burr coffee grinder for serious espresso lovers. There may be some issues (e.g., doser), but this is a great product relative to its price.