It’s unexpectedly large! So if you’re looking for a conical burr coffee grinder with a large hopper, then you might want to consider the OXO coffee grinder.
In this OXO conical burr coffee grinder review, learn more about the product, including its top features and its pros and cons, as part of the feedback given by previous buyers.
Key Features of the OXO Coffee Grinder
Here’s what to expect.
Unlike the Westinghouse WCG21SSA, the OXO grinder has durable conical burs for grinding. As advertised, the burrs are made of durable stainless steel and they measure 40mm.
Coffee lovers prefer this type of grinder because of at least two benefits.
One, burr grinders are valued for the uniformity of the grounds they produce. Second, they produce minimal heat to affect the flavor and overall quality of the coffee beans, giving you a richer and more full-bodied concoction. This grinder is equipped with a high torque/low speed DC motor that runs at 400 rpm.
Large Capacity Bean Hopper
Did you know that the OXO coffee grinder can grind up to 0.75 lbs of coffee beans at one time? Yes, that’s how large its bean hopper is, making it the ideal grinder for a large household, or a large company.
As if that’s not impressive enough, wait until you know that the hopper comes with a UV-blocking tint. This is useful against UV rays that may affect the quality of the beans, thereby helping to keep them fresh longer.
Controls and Functions
Let’s talk about the functions and settings that the OXO grinder is equipped with. But first up, don’t expect a touch-control panel because you won’t find any. Instead, it’s equipped with two main controls.
One, it’s equipped with a knob to adjust the timer from 0 to 30 seconds. The knob also serves as the start button. On top of the bean hopper is the Grind Select feature that you twist to select from 15 types of settings depending on your preference. The 15-level setting is subdivided into three options: fine, medium, and coarse.
Other Features and Technical Specs
Here are other bits of information about the product that you’d like to know.
- Package Weight: 7.4 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 11.1″ x 7.3″ x 16.4″
- Mess-free hopper
- Grounds container can accommodate up to 110 grams (for 12 cups)
Also read: Coffee Grinder Reviews
In this part of our OXO conical burr coffee grinder review, let’s talk about feedback from previous customers. What are the pros and cons of the OXO coffee grinder? We went through the comments and feedback section of a popular online retailer, and in summarized form, here’s what we found out about the product.
Here are some positive feedback given to the OXO coffee grinder.
- Parts. With some grinders, you’ll have to continuously press or hold a button during the grinding process. But with the OXO coffee grinder, expect a single-press operation. All you have to do is to set your grind preferences, and then press the start button when ready. This helps you avoid exerting unnecessary effort.
- Noise. Is it loud? It’s a grinder, so it does make some noise. But overall, it should not be louder than a blade grinder.
- Set-Up. There is some assembly involved, but set-up should be a breeze.
- Size. Although it’s not the smallest grinder on the market, this product should fit well on your kitchen counter and not be a nuisance because of its size.
- Grounds. Does it produce consistent coffee grounds? Apparently, it does. According to one buyer, whether it’s set at fine, medium, or coarse, the grounds are uniform in size.
- There may a learning curve. One reviewer mentioned that it may take a few tries to calibrate it.
Our Recommendation: OXO Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Review
Should you get one? Let’s end this OXO conical burr coffee grinder review with our recommendation.
Yes, get yourself an OXO conical burr coffee grinder. It has a large hopper, it’s mess-free, and most importantly, it produces grounds consistent in size no matter what setting you choose.
Alternatives to the OXO Conical Burr Grinder
Here are three more options.