To ensure great-tasting coffee, you want everything to be fresh. As much as possible, your beans have to be freshly roasted and freshly ground to achieve a richer and a more full-bodied concoction. Thanks to household grinders, you can be one step closer to this goal.
You must have heard about the Westinghouse WCG21SSA, a blade coffee grinder that weighs only 1.4 pounds! Should you get one? Let’s help you answer this question through our Westinghouse WCG21SSA electric coffee grinder review.
Key Features of the Westinghouse WCG21SSA
Here are the key features of the Westinghouse WCG21SSA electric grinder.
Coffee lovers, in general, burr grinders. Unfortunately, the Westinghouse WCG21SSA isn’t one. Instead, it’s equipped with stainless steel blades.
There are pros and cons to blades. One of the pros is that blade grinders are very convenient. Just press a button, and you can expect grounds in a few seconds. They’re also inexpensive.
However, burrs are preferred over blades because of these disadvantages. One, when it comes to size, blade grinders have inconsistent coffee grounds. Second, burrs are more durable and long-lasting than blades. Third, blades heat up the coffee grounds, thereby eliminating a bit of their flavor.
Here are some notable functions to expect from the Westinghouse WCG21SSA.
One, it comes with a lid safety lock, to ensure that you’re safe during the entire grinding process, from start to finish. Second, this grinder is not just meant for coffee beans. It’s also designed to grind herbs and spices. Third, it comes with a detachable container. Fourth, it has a power cord storage.
Other Features and Technical Specs
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 3.4 x 3.4 x 7.4 inches
- Stainless steel housing and blades
- Multi-functional; can grind coffee beans and spices
Also read: Gourmia GCM4700 Coffeemaker Review
In this section of our Westinghouse WCG21SSA electric coffee grinder review, we give you the pros and cons of this product. In summarized form, here’s what previous buyers said about their unit.
Here are some positive comments about the product.
- One of the good things about the Westinghouse WCG21SSA is its compact size. It’s space-saving so storage should not be a problem, even when you decide to just let it sit on your countertop.
- As a blade grinder, it really does the job fast. And since it’s multi-functional, several buyers are happy that they don’t have to buy another grinder for their spices. Some people said they also use this grinder for flax seeds, herbs, and spices.
- Several people say they appreciate the removable cup feature of this grinder. It helps control the mess.
- As a blade grinder, the Westinghouse WCG21SSA makes noise. But the general consensus is that it’s not bothersome at all. Some people even use the adjective “quiet” to describe it.
- It does an impressive job, and it’s comparable to other more expensive blade grinders out there.
Limitations and Other Comments
Here’s a list of the limitations and not-so-good feedback about this blade grinder.
- The Westinghouse WCG21SSA comes with a fixed blade speed and ground size setting, so don’t expect to find options to achieve coarse, medium, and fine grounds. If you want finer grounds, however, you have to hold down the button a little bit longer.
- This grinder is made in China.
- Few people have observed that although the housing and blades are made of stainless steel, the inner hopper is made of plastic.
Also read: Gourmia GCM7000 Espresso Machine Review
Our Recommendation: Westinghouse WCG21SSA Electric Coffee Grinder Review
Should you get a Westinghouse WCG21SSA blade grinder? Here’s what we think and recommend.
Yes, get yourself a Westinghouse WCG21SSA. It’s reliable, it’s compact and space-saving, and it works!
Alternatives to the Westinghouse WCG21SSA
Here are other alternatives and options to consider.